Speed thrills but kills
There are so many people on the road we see who ride their bikes so fast & "rash". Being one of them let me tell from our point of view why we do so .. Most of us do not intend to "attract" gals by riding fast (of course, there are some people who do that too) ..Anyways, it’s just that we want to be fast, maybe we might have enough time to reach our destinations, however, we enjoy driving fast, it’s really thrilling !! The way we are able to maneuver our vehicles is too exciting & it makes us feel proud that we're driving so well & beating everyone else .. Of course, everyone loves to be first, rite :) ?
Now looking from a different dimension, even I’ve wondered so many times that by driving fast, I might get enjoyment, but it’s at the "cost" of others :( There are so many people who might end up cursing me .. Cos though they were not driving fast, because of me being rash, they might sometimes get affected too, so obviously their argument stands good ..
Recently, I met with a small accident (maybe as a result of their cursing ;)). I was going along with my friend to office, early in the morning. I want to specify certain points:
1. I was NOT driving fast, so things went quiet simple
2. I did not cause injuries to other people on the road
3. My friend and I were not injured THAT badly as such
4. Nothing happened to my bike
5. A skid caused this accident
Now, I’d like to express a small character of me over here. Being a Gemini myself, I'm quite an egoistic person. Let me be really frank .. If I’d driven fast & met with an accident, my ego will not allow me to drive slow next time cos I’ll feel as though I cannot change because of this accident for which I was no way responsible for.
Though I was "supposed" to have had fear, my ego will not let me accept the fact that I hereafter fear driving fast, instead I’ll simply want to put the blame on something else when everyone would have told me that the reason was - I WAS DRIVING FAST.
But check out what God has done, as an ever "admirer" of God & his brilliant moves, I also admired Him this time. I met with an accident when I was driving really slowly, there was no possible mistake from my end, but still the end result - I UNDERSTOOD that "Speed Thrills but kills".
Each one needs to be handled one way, so God knew how to handle me, so to make me understand this, He proved that I need not really meet with an accident only while I was driving fast, rather I can meet anytime.
This has resulted in me to REALLY have FEAR in me to drive fast now .. As it made me realize a lot of points:
1. What if I was taking my parents / wife, instead of my friend, they would not have found it easy to get out of the bike quickly as my friend did ..
2. What if I was driving fast ?
3. What if I caused injuries to other people on the road ?
4. What if my friend and I were badly injured ?
5. What if my bike got heavy damages ? (I love my bike ;))
6. Instead of just a skid, what if I had met with a bigger accident ?
I really thank God for keeping it simple and still make me fully understand that - SPEED THRILLS, BUT KILLS !!

1 Comments:
Very Interesting Concept.
Same here I've had an accident too... But that had a lot more to tell me than just to drive carefully (which I still havent been doing)
~fEelix
Post a Comment
<< Home