Saturday, May 06, 2006

Relocation

I’m a software engineer working in Bangalore. As for my schooling, UG & PG, I did them all in Chennai. So this makes it approximately 23 years spent in my hometown. But now, being away from it, I really miss home :(.

I just thought for a while, there’ll surely be so many people here at Bangalore, who might have spent their schooling, UG & PG & end up working at Chennai. At this point in time, even they would feel unhappy to work there, similarly to that of me working here.

What if we are given a chance to relocate / swap our places ? We can work in the place we full heartedly would love to work at. It would totally be a win-win situation. Both of us would surely be happy to work in our respective hometowns. It would obviously be good to be back home :).

But why has God separated us from our homes ? Is this what we call as fate ? Or should we take it in a good sense that we should learn to be independent ? In my stay away from home for the past 6 months, I should surely confess that I have learnt a lot, experienced a lot, more than anything else, I know what life is .. Only now.

But why should such learning come from hardships ? Let us assume that I can somehow get a transfer and go back to my hometown. Still if we get an onsite opportunity, how many can really reject it saying they can’t leave home ? Well, I’m telling only about those who would not be willing to leave home. I fall under that category.

Even during my job’s interview, I was asked if I can take up any relocation, but of course, I wanted to get the job, so I had to say a confirmed “Yes” ! Maybe those who can “anyway” get a job could have told no, but I didn’t have the guts to do all that.

In the present day’s world, I feel its high time people learn to start living away from their homes. We need to at some point miss our homes. So its better we don’t get addicted to our homes. I really don’t like to spread any sort of a “negative” force, however, the positive point that I find in this solution is that we should learn to adjust. After all, that’s how we can enjoy the precious moments God’s given us, right ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home